Docker for the Absolute Beginners
Docker is an open platform for developers and sysadmins to build, ship, and run distributed applications, whether on laptops, data center VMs, or the cloud.
This course introduces Docker to an Absolute Beginner using really simple and easy to understand lectures. Lectures are followed by demos showing how to set up and get started with Docker. The coding exercises that accompany this course will help you practice Docker commands and developing your own images using Dockerfiles and practice Docker Compose. You will be developing Docker files for different use cases right in your browser. This way you don’t really need to have your own environment setup to get some hands-on practice. The coding exercises will validate your commands and Dockerfiles and ensure you have written them correctly.
And finally, we have assignments to put your skills to test. You will be given the challenge to solve using the skills you gained during this course. This is a great way to gain real-life project experience and work with the other students in the community to develop a Dockerfile and get feedback for your work. The assignment will push you to research and develop your own Docker images.
What are the requirements?
- Basic System Administrator Skills
- Good to have (Not Mandatory) access to a Linux System to setup Docker to follow along
What am I going to get from this course?
- Beginner level introduction to Docker
- Basic Docker Commands with Hands-On Exercises
- Build Docker images using Dockerfiles with Hands-On Exercises
- Understand what Docker Compose is
- Build Application stack using Docker Compose Files with Hands-On Exercises
- Understand what Docker Swarm is
What is the target audience?
- System Administrators
- Cloud Infrastructure Engineers